DevOps engineer - Microsoft Cloud
Amadeus Hospitality is a leading global provider of advanced hotel software solutions to the hospitality industry. Our core team consists of experienced hospitality professionals who create hotel software they know will serve the needs of their customers. All processes are designed to deliver innovative, category defining products and services that enable each customer’s brand promise.
Building on more than 20 years of success, the cloud-native Enterprise Lodging System (ELS) moves us from being a company that sells software as a product to an organization that delivers software as a service. Headquartered in Breda, The Netherlands, Amadeus Hospitality maintains four main offices in three continents in order to support its growing worldwide customer base.
Would you like to be involved in…. well, just about everything? Join our System Team and facilitate our developers in smoothly running development-, test-, acceptance- and production environments, with a focus on automation, monitoring, QA and CI/CD.
The System Team builds, maintains and monitors the development environment infrastructure. This involves integrating assets from other feature teams, performing end-to-end solution testing, assisting in full-system demos and preparing, packaging and releasing our solutions. We utilize a Microsoft technology stack including Azure, offering our clients a SaaS solution. The DevOps / System team Engineer is responsible for:
- Create and maintain infrastructure, including continuous integration, automated builds, and automated build verification testing.
- Create, maintain and improve platforms and environments for solution demonstration, QA, user testing, etc.
- Support Continuous Delivery through automating Release Management
- Facilitate the technical aspects of collaboration with third parties, such as data or service providers, hosting facilities, etc.
- Participate in PI Planning and the Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings at the value stream level, and in backlog refinement to define integration and test Capabilities and Features
- Determine and help maintain decisions and policies for appropriate branching models.
- Run solution-level integration scripts or integrate manually where automation is impossible
- Assist component teams in defining inter-component interfaces.
- Attend other teams’ stand-ups in support of daily activities.
- Create and perform new automated test scenarios, following Acceptance Test Driven Development guidelines, and extend test scenarios to larger data sets.
- Prioritize time-consuming tests, refactor, and run reduced test suites where applicable.• Test the solution performance against non-functional requirements and assist System and Solution Engineering in identifying system shortfalls and bottlenecks.
We can only consider applicants with citizenship from one of the EU / EEA countries, or otherwise already having general work permission for the Netherlands. We can not arrange the work permit, necessary for non-EU/EEA candidates. Thanks for understanding.
To promote success in this role, the following attributes are of importance to us:
- Passionate about software quality and the impact it has on customers
- Excited about DevOps, full life cycle responsibility and accountability of our product
- Proven working experience with Microsoft technology stack (.Net), automation and scripting thereof (i.e. Powershell)
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Preferably experienced in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box, black box testing as well as automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, SAFe methodology
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Preferably performance and/or security testing experience
- Experienced with Microsoft Azure platform and REST APIs preferred
- Fluent in English
- EU/EEA country passport holder
For the right candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Good working conditions (including travel allowance)
- A Collective pension scheme
- The chance to work with the latest (cloud) technologies
- Great opportunities to explore new technology
- The ability to obtain training and certificates relevant to our technology and industry
- An open and modern workplace and an informal atmosphere in Breda’s city center.
Are you looking to join the world’s first true cloud-native company serving the hospitality Industry? We are building a team in Breda (Holland), no remote or freelance based work.
If you are enthusiastic and fully engaged, then please send an email with your CV and motivation letter to Niels Jordens via email@example.com. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please send a mail or call: 076-5305353 and ask for Niels.
We are an equal opportunity employer and foster a multicultural team environment.