Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client develops supplies and services leading edge assembly and test equipment for Multi Market semiconductors. The integrated assembly lines and other high speed equipment play an important role in the roadmap towards cost leadership in assembly. Their products are Testers, Die bonders, Wire Bonders, Molding equipment and Tapers / Die sorters. Most of the equipment is used in clients' Assembly Plants in Asia.
Role of the R&D team is to stay ahead of competition by breakthroughs and continuous improvement of equipment designs. R&D is located in Nijmegen, whilst product support, service and supply chain management is located in Hong Kong.
The following tasks are amongst the most important ones, covered in this role:
- The Development Engineer works within one of the product development teams
- S/he will be responsible for the development and adjustments of designs for assembly equipment or building blocks to improve or speed-up existing equipment focussed on mechanical devices;
- S/he is responsible for the mechanical design in the project team, including estimations of the time required and the cost involved.
- Creating documentation and archiving of the designs in TPD and manuals
- Responsible for the documentations like manuals and adjustment of procedures
We're looking for the following in a suitable candidate for this role:
- Bachelor level in (Mechanical) Engineering
- A minumum of 2-3 years relevant (industry) experience in mechanical (design) engineering
- Siemens NX Experience
- Teamcenter PLM experience
- Soft skills: accurate, communicative, innovative mindset