Research Program Manager
Forescout is a leader in cybersecurity, whether it’s securing an office network, medical lab, IoT environment, or large-scale industrial plant. The Forescout product portfolio covers it all.
The Eindhoven office is the OT (Operational Technology) center of excellence for Forescout. Our customers include electricity grid operators, water and gas providers, manufacturing and pharmaceutical companies, but also theme parks (yes, really!). Our family of products provides customers with visibility into their operation. What devices are on the network? Are they vulnerable? Is there any suspicious activity going on?
Our corporate culture is characterized by strong entrepreneurship, openness, and responsibility.
We are seeking a Research Program Manager with a passion for (big) challenges to join our OT Research & Innovation team. The Research & Innovation team is where bold innovation starts and where new or improved products and solutions are conceived, prototyped and validated before they reach the market.
As a Research Program Manager, you learn and innovate continuously. Your responsibility will be to boost innovation by bringing new and exciting ideas to the business. You will be working with research, development and product management to imagine and shape the future of IT/OT security. You will be able to engage with customers, to understand their problems ahead of time and bring to life ideas that will solve real and challenging problems.
Yes, we are this ambitious!
In Eindhoven, our team is composed of 5 highly motivated and passionate researchers and we continuously collaborate with universities around the world by hosting a solid Internship Program. You will also have plenty of opportunities to collaborate with our colleagues in San José and Tel Aviv.
What you will do:
- Work with the research team to contribute to create and deliver the Innovation Roadmap
- Work closely with product management and development teams to bring innovations to our products and expand the business opportunities of the company
- Evaluate your solutions on the field, by testing them together with our Fortune-500 customers
- Communicate your results to the world by attending international conferences and events, as well as publishing reports and whitepapers
We are looking for a Research Program Manager with solid competences in networking and security. A self-organized person with a big passion for challenges and innovation. Someone who doesn’t fall in love with their own ideas but who is always ready to reconsider the foundations of their own work and start fresh.
What You Bring to Forescout:
- Vision, by being able to imagine and plan how products and services can evolve in a creative yet achievable way
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis, to cope with rapidly changing information, and to ensure timely delivery of artefacts.
- Strategic agility, to adjust and adapt to modification of the plan as a result of changing in business circumstances and priorities.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources and decompose high-level information into the value proposition and business needs.
- Interpersonal skills, to make sure you can engage with all the stakeholder that help to shape the Innovation Roadmap including executives, customers, sales, product experts and developers.
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Fluency in English
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in a Research team
- Experience in solving complex problems and translating them into working solutions
- Experience in public speaking
- Written and verbal communication skills, to interact with customers and internal teams in an effective and professional manner
Strong product, good leadership, great culture, good people, diversity. If you have a good work ethic, are visible, lean in, you will be recognized. We are in growth mode and there are tons of opportunities. A positive attitude and being flexible to change goes a long way here at Forescout!
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology.
- Competitive compensation and Benefits.
- We work hard…and we celebrate success!
A background and reference check are part of the application process. By applying to this position you agree with both the background and reference check.
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.