Senior Java Developer - English
The position offered starts with 6-months to set up a project in The Netherlands for a Bulgarian software house. Bulgaria is in the EU, wages are taxable in Bulgaria (10% income tax). Freelancing can however be discussed.
Project: 6-months initial
Location: Arnhem, The Netherlands
Employer: Sofia, Bulgaria
The assignment concerns the development and implementation of several applications; main focus will be on the first application:
1. Management tool
Web application by which the user can manage (monitor, analyze, upgrade, backup, etc.) systems for substation protection (substations are facilities in the electricity grid where voltage is transformed from high to mid voltage and where distribution of electricity starts). The application consists of dashboards, software update functionality (a custom function is the diff/merge functionality where files are compared and differences merged). This ‘front-end’ will be key for user acceptance.
2. Service component
Implements the interface to the systems in the substations (http REST based, Server-Sent Events). It also implements triggering of periodic processes like backup, file transfer, etc.
3. Database/repository facilities
All data, files and information required for management is stored in central repositories.
1. Design of the applications in architectural or detailed design documents
2. Specification of interfaces in interface design documents
3. Design of layout of the web application
4. Implementation of the applications
5. Testing on unit/module level
The environment consists of:
Deployment on VM Ware in a network environment
Testing using SonarQube
Continuous integration and testing (CITE)
Atlassian toolchain (BitBucket/git, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence)
Developers are as a team responsible for delivery of the applications
Customer will provide project lead, product owner and architect
Cooperation with supplier of the substation protection equipment: the supplier will provide the necessary interfaces
For this position we can only consider candidates with EU/EEA citizenship, the otherwise necessary work permit can not be arranged. Please only apply if you're a passport holder of one of the EU or EEA countries. Thanks for understanding.
- Key: Experience with front-end development and design, to be shown by means of project references.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Java EE
- Frameworks like Spring
- Experience with unit tests and integration/system testing
- CITE, preferably in Atlassian Bamboo
- GIT for source code control, preferably Atlassian Bitbucket
- Ability to make and motivate design decisions
- SDEs like Netbeans or Eclipse
- Experience with LDAP in Java
- REST, Server Sent-Events
- Database: Postgres or MySQL
- Preferably: knowledge of networking, routing, proxies, etc.
- Preferably: knowledge of VMWare ESXi VSphere
- Preferably: knowledge of Docker
- Team Player
- Very good level of English and EU/EEA country citizen, with a willingness to stay in the Netherlands for at least 6 months.
- Project is for new client; start for 6 months, possibly longer
- Salary range: very competive
- Everything you need for work processes will be provided
Note: Bulgarian employer = Bulgarian income taxes = 10%, OR freelancing but base don monthly budget